Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Bayou

The Bayou

645 State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
TL;DR
- Price: $15 - 25 
- Flavor: Bold, Cajun
- Filling?: Absolutely
- Parking: Rough


The Bayou is a bar with a incredible beer selection, and excellent food to match. Heads up, however, in the event of a busy weekend, parking is difficult to come by. Their main parking is in a small alleyway next to the bar (will have to back out to get back to the street), but there is parking on the street as well.









The place is usually quite bumpin' and noisy. Many people are conversing, enjoying a beer or two, and even dancing to the live music (every weekend, their website provides the schedule h
ttp://www.utahbayou.com/music]).






The food keeps me coming back again and again. I recently tried their Sweet Potato Fries in the 50/50 split. You get a lot of fries for $6.99. To be perfectly frank, I would only get these if you have a large party. They are fried perfectly and both versions taste very, very good. But, if you only have 1-3 people, I don't see that party finishing these, the entrees, and getting dessert as well. I'm looking out for your complete dining experience, haha.




Speaking of entrees, if you are feeling up for it, I would definitely pay extra to have their Gumbo instead of the side salad. Nothing against the salad, it is fresh and delicious, but the Gumbo is on another level. The sausage, the spices, even the rice is all dynamite.


Now we move on to my favorite: The Jambalaya. I added capitalization to "The" because it deserves the title. The rice is fluffy. The spices and sauce are all cooked perfectly into the rice and meat. The sausage is bold and flavorful

Pro-tip: Add the Shrimp. It costs $2.99 but it is worth it. They give you a lot of hefty Shrimps for the price. Every bite of The Jambalaya ends up being meaty with the Double Dragon combination of sausage and shrimp.

If you're feeling particularly frisky, you can get The Gumbolaya, which is their The Jambalaya with Gumbo on top. I would personally try The Jambalaya on its own first, but that is my own preference. I'm a purist, what can I say?

Come to The Bayou for an exciting atmosphere, wonderful food, and a vast-as-the-eye-can-see beer selection.




The Bayou Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment