Monday, July 6, 2015

Pago

Pago

878 S 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102

TL;DR

- Price: $20+ per person
- Flavor: Fresh
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Okay














Very interesting setup. I sat at the bar overlooking the kitchen. They have a fairly large alcohol selection (more alcohol than food, but that seems to be fairly easy with local establishments).

Ordered the Arnold Palmer (lemonade and iced tea). It was pretty refreshing. It tastes like a gummy candy but I can't quite place it.

 Server recommended the SRF (Snake River Farms) Pork Chop. SRF raises their own pigs, which set my expectations at ridiculous levels.


My pictures don't quite do it justice but it looked incredible. They used the white space on the plate very well.

The pork chop was very meaty, not dry at all even without the gravy (surprising, because most places tend to use gravy to cover up the dryness of their pork). The pork had some fat on it, so anyone ordering it should be mindful of that (especially because the gravy, eggs and mashed potatoes are apt to cover it up). There was a slight char on the pork, giving a nice, faint crisp texture.

The gravy is a miners' gravy, cooked with coffee (it made it heartier, I couldn't taste much of the coffee flavor). It tasted divine.

The mashed potatoes tasted very buttery while not feeling very heavy going down. Though, I advise not to eat it too quickly i.e. don't mix the potatoes and pork chop together because the pork flavor will dilute the buttery heaven of the potatoes.

I'd like to add that the mushrooms complement the dish very nicely. Some places put mushrooms where they don't necessarily fit just for the sake of adding mushrooms.

Egg is always good, everywhere.


The meal was very filling. I'm very impressed; I expected pricier places to require multiple dishes to satiate me. Good job.
Pago Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment