Saturday, July 4, 2015

Red Butte Cafe

Red Butte Cafe

1414 Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84108

TL;DR

- Price: $10 - 15 per person
- Flavor: Distinctive
- Filling?: Just enough to order dessert
- Parking: Good
Their black coffee is good. Not the strongest, but not weak by any means. Comparable to Dunkin' in sheer strength.

I ordered the Tempura Tacos ($10.50), with Udon Arugula Bean Sprout Salad. 

The Udon in the salad threw me off initially but it was nice. The contrast between the noodles and the crisp bean sprouts was legit. I would've liked to have seen the Udon cut into shorter strands, so I wouldn't have to worry about the etiquette of slurping vs winding/cutting. 

Bold is the word of the day and the wasabi aioli of the tacos lives up to that from the very first bite. The avocado is set up in a support role - not too strong but its presence is felt. The wasabi, though, kept on coming back to rock my world.

I was told to try the cheesecake but unfortunately my server never returned to ask. Was told by the manager that she'd be back to refill my coffee but unfortunately that didn't happen either. Busy day, I suppose. So... I went to pay at the cashier's counter.

The flavors were very entertaining. I'll return. Hopefully I'll get the chance to try the cheesecake next time.
Red Butte Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment