Friday, July 3, 2015

Aristo's

Aristo's

224 1300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102

 TL;DR

- Price: $20+ per person
- Flavor: Light, Fresh
- Filling?: Order more 
- Parking: Okay/Reasonable




Pro-tip: 2-hour free parking in SLC on Saturdays

Started with the three spreads appetizer (Orektika): Taramosalata, Melizanosalata, and  Kafteri. The pita bread was really fresh and warm. The dips were all great. I highly suggest this appetizer, particularly when picky eaters are concerned, as everyone in my party found at least one dip that they enjoyed out of the three (if not all of them).

I'm unsure if Aristo's still makes full-size gyros. Their gyros were a very economical choice for lunch. Their Flight of Gyros is very interesting: Choose any three gyros to enjoy, presented in an aesthetically pleasing tray (picture above).

I was incredibly disappointed in the Oxtapodi. I saw this in Guy Fieri's Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and was excited to give it a try. It might've been an off-day. The octopus was incredibly salty and tough. If this is par for the octopus, then I would stay away. If you must, definitely use a lot of lemon to dilute the salt. This was quite pricey as well for the portion.


Their service is incredible. I wasn't able to finish the dips so I asked if we could have a box "To-Go". The server packed everything up for me and even included some more of their delectably fresh pita bread.

I like this restaurant. I probably won't order their octopus again, but I'd definitely come back for their spreads, gyros and great service.
Aristo's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment