Saturday, July 4, 2015

Rye

RYE

239 S 500 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102

TL;DR

- Price: $10 - 17 per person
- Flavor: Strong
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Tough


I had to park a block away on a Wednesday night. I usually don't mind this sort of thing, but I wanted to make this known for safety concerns. RYE is adjacent to Urban Lounge, which is likely to be packed full on weekends, so bear that in mind when visiting.

Additionally, whatever music is playing in Urban Lounge is going to be heard in RYE. For better or worse.

I started with the street dumplings. They were pretty good, a little stronger on the sour than I anticipated. Pro-tip, just use a fork for these. Using your knife results in the collapse of humankind as we know it.


The Truffled Mac and Cheese was very good. It comes on a pan, sizzling hot. It didn't feel too heavy, which is saying something for a Mac and Cheese. I really liked the textural differences in the middle (breadcrumbs and green onion/chives?). This was really filling, I had to ask for a to-go box so I could get dessert as well.


The S'more pie was really good. I expected a wedge of a pie, cooked a la s'mores, but I think you'd agree that the reality (pictured to the right) looks quite classy. A Marshmallow Mountain atop a Cylinder of Chocolate and a Graham Crust foundation.











This was a very interesting place. My choices weren't the most adventurous but I'm willing to return to venture out of my comfort zone.
Rye Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment