Sunday, July 26, 2015

Avenues Bistro on 3rd

Avenues Bistro on 3rd

564 3rd Ave N, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
TL;DR 
- Price: Between $9 and $16
- Flavor: Refreshing, Simple
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Street parking in avenues, could be sketchy in busy times

























What a cozy place in the avenues! The staff immediately greeted me warmly upon entry. I came here at almost 3 pm, which is more of a chill-out time than a meal time, so parking and getting seated was easy.

First surprise was the cuteness of their glasses. As you can see on the left, they're tiny! I was provided a carafe immediately as well, so refills would not be an issue.

Unfortunately, the waffle maker was broken today. Ah, well, life happens.


I decided to go with the Bistro Lunch Special (grilled cheese) and opted for their gazpacho instead of the salad.













Before it arrived, I could already smell the grilled cheese. The aroma was divine. Scent-wise, I was satisfied already. 

The gazpacho was supremely refreshing. Slight umami amidst mild sweetness. I could see myself ordering a pitcher and enjoying it all day, especially during the summer.

The grilled cheese... wow. I didn't think the flavor could match the smell. It was very cheesy but not too heavy. The cheese pulls and stretches: excellently melty.

I tried dipping and it was interesting. I wouldn't do it again because the flavors dilute rather than complement each other.


Dessert time... mmm... I ordered the Opera Cake. It was very simple. 4 layers of chocolate with cake in between. Though simple, the chocolate were great. The cake does a wonderful job of supporting the chocolate layer. It was very moist, not dry at all. This would go incredibly with coffee. The raspberries and cream were a nice touch.

I did notice that they use organic maple syrup. Also I overheard that they just got their patio back, which is fantastic for this beautiful summer.

Their service is very friendly, their food is great, and the environment is very relaxing. I will have to return to try their breakfast next time.


Avenues Bistro on Third Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment