Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Myung ga

Myung Ga

3353 Decker Lake Dr, West Valley City, UT 84119
TL;DR 
- Price: $10 - 17
- Flavor: Korean
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Excellent


After getting addicted to Korean food in L.A., I thought I'd give the local scene a shot. A few friends of mine recommended Myung Ga so I thought it would be a good starting point.

It is in quite the location near the Maverik Center, Hollywood Connection, and Hale Center Theatre. Prime date night spot, I'd say.

My server was wonderful. She was very friendly and completely willing to help with anything we needed. Excellent service.




I ordered the Bibimbap in the stone pot (costs an extra dollar, but I've found the crisp rice at the bottom to be worth it). It was really good. The vegetables were nice and crisp, the meat was tender, and the rice was fluffy. The rice on the bottom was crispy, which is my jam all the way. My only complaint is just a personal one: I like my egg runny as opposed to well done. Note to self: order it runny next time. 


The side dishes were great. One notable omission was the slightly sweet tofu side dish that I've seen at other Korean restaurants. What they had was great, though.






The tofu soup that came with the entree was excellent. Very hot, tofu done right. 



Occasionally I have another reviewer with me on the scene. Said reviewer wishes to maintain anonymity, at least for the time being. So without further ado!


Special 2nd Source Report:


My impression was slightly less favorable than Milton's. I ordered the Kimchi Fried Rice. It was too dry and the placement of the Kimchi in the middle of the rice was weird. There was a slight sweetness, which didn't go well with the rest of the dish.


The tofu Soup that came with the dish was great, much better than the entree itself.

End of Special 2nd Source Report.

In closing, the Bibimbap was good, the Tofu Soup was excellent, and the Kimchi fried rice left a little to be desired (so sayeth my special guest). I absolutely adore their location's proximity to so many hot spots. Their service is wonderful as well. 

I'll return to Myung Ga and try their Korean barbecue. I was disappointed to see that they don't have All-You-Can-Eat, which is huge in L.A. but seems to be rare in Utah from what my sources tell me.
Myung-Ga Tofu House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment