Saturday, August 15, 2015

Tsunami

Tsunami

2223 E Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84106

TL;DR 
- Price: $20+
- Flavor: Japanese with a little Utah flair
- Filling?: Depends
- Parking: Great















I was seated incredibly quickly. I really liked their décor.


















Upon first pass-thru of their menu, I was struck by their large Veggie Roll section. Way to roll with the times, Tsunami!




















I opted for the Skewer Trio, the Aloha Roll, Albacore Sashimi, and the Shrimp Udon Lunch Special with the mixed green salad.




















Mixed green salad was pretty straightforward. The house sesame dressing gave it a little Asian flair as opposed to a regular salad. Fresh greens, hard to go wrong here.



















The Skewer Trio was pretty solid for the price ($5.99).

Beef - A little on the chewy side for my liking, but the flavor was pretty good.

Salmon - Less flavorful than the beef (to be expected) but the texture was on point. It wasn't dry, which is a common concern with cooked salmon dishes. Nice work.

Chicken - The star of this appetizer. The teriyaki was solid, particularly with the little ginger caress at the end (not a kick, just a caress, so a little more suitable for the general public).
















Second Source Report:
The Udon was pretty good. Not outstanding, but I would order it again. The tempura mushroom was excellent, very juicy. The tempura shrimp was good; the shrimp was very fresh. The tempura onion was a little soggy, surprising considering how well done the rest of the tempura was.
Second Source Report End.





















The aloha roll - Spicy tuna is my weakness so I had to have this. The little mango bit is pretty interesting, just adding a little sour but not as sweet as I would have hoped. I would've liked a little more spicyness here. When the little bit of jalapeño is around, I love it. But it's not always there. I feel the sour and spicy combination could be something great, though. Definitely has potential.






















I was suggested to order the Albacore Sashimi by my very friendly server, on account of it being available only a few months out of the year. Great suggestion! The sashimi slices are pretty substantial for the price ($5.99). The albacore tasted very fresh. Thumbs up here, definitely.







Tsunami was pretty good. I'd like to return to give their interesting sashimi options a try, such as Utah Elk Loin and Cured Scottish Salmon.


Tsunami - Sugar House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment