Saturday, August 8, 2015

Oasis Cafe

Oasis Cafe

151 S 500 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
TL;DR 
- Price: $15+
- Flavor: Breakfast
- Filling?: Reasonably so
- Parking: Good



In addition to the parking on the street, there is a small parking lot behind the building. Good stuff!



















I ordered the cappuccino. As you can see above, there's tons of foam and actually very little cappuccino. It was nice and strong though. Maybe that's why it was so small... People can't handle the full cup, haha. Just keep this in mind when you order a cup for $4.

I ordered the Eggs Benedict Florentine with server recommended salmon and avocado on it ($2 and $1.95 each) so it better be the business!

The egg was runny, just as I like it.  The smoked salmon had a very distinct flavor. The Hollandaise sauce was good and not overpowering. The tomato was fantastic: supported the flavors of the rest of the dish without getting drowned out. The avocado was, as most avocados are, suitably understated. So if you want to experience your avocado with full passion, don't be afraid to make it the main attraction of one of your bites.

Confessional: I don't actually know how I'm supposed to eat Eggs Benedict. I asked for a knife to be a classy gentleman but it seems to make everything fall apart on account of the English muffin. Maybe someone can direct me. If I had consent to eat this gloriously and viscerally with my hands, I will be extremely disappointed in myself.

The potatoes are lightly fried, so you get minor crispness every now and again. Light seasoning, so you might be able to eat them without too much ketchup.


Incredible props to my server for the avocado and salmon suggestion. Also, special shout out to the host for giving me the perfect seat. I could experience the majestic wind whilst not actually sitting outside.

By the way, there's a bookstore next door where you can get aura readings. Interesting little place, I learned that the receipt from Oasis Cafe gets you a $5 discount on a reading. Good teamwork, y'all.

So I will probably skip the cappuccino next time, on account of economic inefficiency, but I really enjoyed the Eggs Benedict and wouldn't mind returning for a second go. I imagine their other menu options are quite delectable as well.
Oasis Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment