Sunday, August 2, 2015

Faustina

Faustina

454 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
TL;DR 
- Price: Between $14 and $20
- Flavor: Brunch/Breakfasty!
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Solid!

Special Note!: Parking not limited to the street, you can turn in to more parking behind the building



By the way, the entrance is not at the front! Go in through the patio (so parking on the street could actually result in more walking overall).




The setting is absolutely beautiful. The indoors area was pretty empty when I went because everyone was seated in the nice patio outside.



Small soliloquy moment: I order coffee because I like it. I like the taste, I like the caffeine, I like the health benefits. I order cappuccino to relax and enjoy myself. It is my unwinding drink. It is the cheat meal of my caffeinated drinks. Faustina did not disappoint. I love when restaurants give you a rectangular prism of sugar rather than the little paper packets. The flavor was excellent. I really enjoyed the foam as well. The cup was really modern. Only complaint was the size. Maybe it was the work week but I downed that sucker fast.












































I was torn between two options: Smoked Chicken Hash or Steak and Eggs. The waitress helped me make up my mind, mentioning the strong flavors of the SCH. It looked incredible with the gravy, vegetation and egg on top and some of the sweet potatoes and tomatoes peeking out of its egg dress.



She wasn't kidding about the flavor. The chicken and sweet potatoes were very bold. I wish the egg were runnier, but that's a personal preference, it is still delicious. The gravy is really nice, too. A lot of places use gravy as the main attraction to cover up laziness in seasoning the actual food. This gravy was very subtle, complementing everything rather than trying to steal the spotlight.







This is my favorite kind of breakfast meal: eggs, gravy, meats, sweet potatoes, vegetables, all in a bowl and consumable with just a fork. I like knives, don't get me wrong, but there's something to be said about a dish that I can scarf down with just a fork.

What a comfortable place to just sit down and enjoy a relaxing brunch. Steak and Eggs, you're my next target.
Faustina Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment