Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sabor Latino

Sabor Latino

3053 State Street #1, South Salt Lake, UT 84115
TL;DR 
- Price: Less than $15 (I only got a few things)
- Flavor: Latin
- Filling?: Absolutely
- Parking: Surprisingly good (came at 4:00 pm)

Sabor Latino is a pretty small place on State Street. Parking was surprisingly good, but I did come at an off time.

I was suggested this place by a friend, and to expect a hole-in-the-wall sort of place. It was a bit dark, so I apologize some of my photos are blurry.






































I ordered a Loroco with cheese Pupusa, a Cheese Empanada, a Grilled Chicken Taco, and a Carne Asada Taco. 




















The Loroco with Cheese Pupusa - I was told loroco is like cilantro. Very strong flavor in the coleslaw-like dish. It took me a bit to get used to it. The loroco is very powerful and really refreshing. Loroco has almost a mint kick that hits when you least expect it.







The Cheese Empanada - Wow, really hot and fresh. Supremely crisp. Cheese melted to perfection.
Server provided a bottle of greenish white sauce. I heard it was mayo, garlic, and cilantro. It tasted really good on the Empanada. 



















The Tacos - Both had lots of greens in them. Very fresh taste. The Carne Asada was very savory and flavorful. Their Grilled Chicken wasn't dry, which is normally a concern when it comes to grilled chicken.



I need to say how tempting it is to put the green sauce on everything because it is that darn good. It's like fry sauce.

Whether for a meal or a light afternoon snack, Sabor Latino is a great place to go. Cheese Empanadas, every single time. Loroco with Cheese Pupusa if you're feeling a little more adventurous. Tacos to fill you up.
Sabor Latino Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment