Sunday, September 6, 2015

Finns


Finns

1624 S 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105
TL;DR 
- Price: $10 - 17 (with beverage)
- Flavor: Scandinavian
- Filling?: Yes, but not excessively so
- Parking: Reasonable



It was very busy. It looks like people park in the nearby neighborhood when the lot is full. So that's an option, I suppose.

Not to throw too much shade, but the exterior is not indicative of the interior at all. It looks like an old diner from the outside. It looks very clean and bright inside.





Green drink - spinach, celery, parsley, cucumber.
The cucumber and celery are the primary flavors here. Very refreshing. I feel like all my poor diet choices today will be justified. It's a bit spendy for a beverage (a little over $4), but healthy choices usually are, right? I enjoyed it, but that last gulp is a powerful one (as the bits that have settled make their last stand).








I really appreciate the use of the fresh flower in the middle of the table. Nice touch.








I ordered the Scandinavian Breakfast with wheat bread and eggs over easy. The Wheat bread was very soft, riddled with onions (maybe pass on this if you're not into onions or on a date).

The salmon is moist. A little fishy but that is easily remedied by the lemon and the tartar sauce. Large portion! They certainly don't skimp here.
The hash browns are crisp and very flavorful. I felt like I didn't need to apply any hot sauce nor ketchup to these, which was surprising.

Second Source Account:

Catch of the day: Grilled Large Scallops with Spinach, Mix Peppers on a tomato cream ginger sauce with gazpacho
The gazpacho was very fresh, the taste was almost to the tune of a salsa. The avocado is the best part. There's shrimp! But it lacked the snap I expect from shrimp. The shrimp was probably soaking in the gazpacho for a while to impart the flavor.

The scallops are very light. Great for health conscious. The sauce doesn't drown out the fresh flavor of the scallops either.



Second Source Account End.

Their jam is wonderful. It's sweet and sour in a delightful way. Strawberries seemed very fresh. The tang is very scintillating to the appetite. I thought I was too full to finish the toast but the jam made it easy.

I really enjoyed my experience at Finns. The Scandinavian flair they have is wonderful. I really did not expect such a large piece of salmon when I ordered the breakfast. Great deal. I want to return to try their Chicken and Waffles, which sounded really good (Finn's Fried Chicken, Norwegian Waffles, served with Lingonberries, Sour Cream, Maple Syrup and Butter).
Finn's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment