Monday, September 21, 2015

Omar's Rawtopia

Omar's Rawtopia

2148 E Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84106



TL;DR 
- Price: $15+
- Flavor: Vegan
- Filling?: Depends!
- Parking: Pretty good





There is parking on the street, additional parking if you turn in from the street, and various lots/garage nearby.










Omar's Rawtopia is a pretty cozy place. It smells very earthy. I felt like I was neglecting the Vegan crowd a bit with my selections, so today was a step in that direction. 










I was recommended the Mango Smoothie (drink of the day). Very fresh! I like how they state that everything is made "with Love" in the menu. The drink is pretty clear about that.





The idea of a vegan sushi roll was very intriguing to me. I went with the Spicy Curried Seaweed Roll.


Firstly, the dish looks wonderful. They don't skimp on decor. Without the sauce, there's huge emphasis on the fresh taste and the crunch of the vegetables and nuts. The sauce is where it's at, though. The curry isn't as spicy as I traditionally am used to, but I really admired the ginger presence. My only complaint here is the portion size to price. However, I may be judging this on a vegan scale rather than a sushi scale: $15 for a specialty sushi roll isn't too excessive, right?












Omar's Rawtopia is a pretty cool vegan place. I do have higher expectations for sushi, but I will return to try their Raw Burger, about which I've heard great things.
Omar's Rawtopia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment