Sunday, September 13, 2015

Gracie's

Gracie's

326 West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
TL;DR 
- Price: $15+ (with beverage)
- Flavor: Bar food AND Sophisticated American
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Reasonable



Parking in the lot is not free. Park on the street if you want to save $6.

Firstly, the building is enormous. I can see why so many people recommended it to me as a weekend bar destination. Pretty chill environment. Nice patio. I was compelled to just go upstairs and yell to the stars.

A Second Source recommended the Seafood Mac and Cheese, Chicken Marsala and Kobe burger, with the first being the best. Onward with the carb overload!

My picture does not do it justice. The lighting is that of a bar, so it's hard to see the maximum beauty of the dish without ordering it in person.

They provided a tiny but incredibly crisp piece of bread. Think bread like a hot d'oeuvre, but crunchy like a crouton. Nice little bite to get the taste buds going.

It smelled divine and tasted extremely cheesy. There's so much shrimp! Holy cow! I would have to work to get a shrimp-less bite. Their shrimp has that wonderfully succulent snap when you bite into it. The lump crab is great, but is a little overshadowed by the shrimp. Had I not come in after delaying my dinner for so long, I would have required a box. It is very filling.






Gracie's is a very nice late-night hotspot. I imagine it would be very busy on a Friday or Saturday night. The food was very surprising: I usually expect just burgers and beer from a bar. The Gastropub shines through with their dinner options such as the Seafood Mac and Cheese and the Ribeye Filet (next time).
Gracie's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment