Monday, November 23, 2015

The Other Place

The Other Place

469 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84102

TL;DR 
- Price: $10 - 18 
- Flavor: Greek and Home-y
- Filling?: Absolutely
- Parking: Great





There's parking on the street and you can pull in to park behind the building.

There's quite a lot of breakfast options! These were incredibly tempting because I made a bit of a trek to try this place and was feeling rather famished.





The first things that caught my attention were their really good prices. $11.95 for roast leg of lamb (dinner special of the night)!

They have wines and beers. Very pleasant surprise.
I ordered the Moussaka - layers of potatoes, zucchini, eggplant with a spiced meat filling and Bechamel sauce on top. I was advised to get garlic bread to go with the casserole-like dish. Soup AND salad? Yes, please!

The soup has a very strong lemon flavor. I'm not used to this but it was very easy to grow accustomed to. Perfect after walking 8 blocks in the cold.

The salad is presented beautifully. I'm a big fan. Grape tomatoes are my new favorite sensation. The blast of flavor when I break into one is amazing. I still don't like olives, haha. Thank goodness there's only one.

Wendi is a wonderful waitress. So bubbly. The hostess is amazing also. This environment is very pleasant. Overhearing the patrons, I got the sense that they were either regulars or the service is so good that everyone seemed like regulars.

Moussaka is very good. The spices are the centerpiece of the dish. Very much a comfort food. 

Pro-tip: Gotta use the knife to cut the top layer, just using a fork will result in pulling the whole thing apart.

The garlic bread portion is magnificent. Enormous, crispy, flavorful. Wonderful suggestion, Wendi.


Dessert comes with the meal, too! Baklava and rice pudding are made here. Baklava was excellent. I loved the flakiness.

A couple anonymously bought my dinner. I am so incredibly thankful for this. It warmed my heart. Were I not stuck in a state of anxiety, I would have loved to track you down to thank you personally for showing me the goodness of humanity.
Other Place Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment