Sunday, November 15, 2015

Current

Current

79 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111

TL;DR 
- Price: $10 - 20 
- Flavor: Seafood
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Downtown

I must admit, I looked rather foolish on arrival as I walked right past the entrance (which is located behind the tables of their patio, by the way), assuming that the entrance was elsewhere.

I was in the mood to relax, so I splurged for the cappuccino. Flavor was robust. They only gave me one sugar cube, which ended up being perfect for my desired level of sweetness.



The place is huge. I love the high ceiling, it really gives the place a spacious feeling. The vision line into the kitchen is very cool. I love eating with the sounds of cooking in the background, especially that sweet sizzle. There's an upstairs area as well. It seems very well-equipped to handle high occupancy. I'll try this out during a busier time.

The Trout and Eggs looked magnificent. The potatoes were piping hot and delightful. The trout was reminiscent of a grilled salmon. Do not judge this dish based on the first egg-less bites. The contrast is staggering. The warmth and joy that I felt when I ate a morsel of fish, dripping with over-easy egg and completed with green, was overwhelming. 

Second Source Account: Crab Benedict is a perfect light portion.

Third Source Account: Grilled fish sandwich was great!

Fourth Source Account: The seafood salad was a little bland. The dressing seemed a little out of place. Doesn't seem worth the price.

Current is a fairly new establishment. I'm tremendously thankful to a friend of mine for referring me here. It seems to be quite the new, hip place for seafood connoisseurs. I'd like to come with a bigger appetite next time so that I might try more of their courses (the clam dip, a dessert, perhaps I might even be tempted by a wine).
Current Fish and Oyster Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment