Saturday, February 20, 2016

Eva's Bakery

Eva's Bakery


TL;DR
- Price: $10 - 17 per person
- Flavor: French Bakery/Lunch
- Filling?: Yes
- Parking: Streets in Downtown



I was told there'd be a long wait (15 minutes) for a table. Ah, not as long as estimated! Only 5 minutes or so before I was seated. Bonus points.

Tight fit in terms of seating. Cozy. It was pretty cool to see the racks of breads from where I was sitting. I must apologize to the two French women sitting to my right. I cannot help but eavesdrop on such a beautiful language.



Beautiful place settings.

Caffe Ibis black coffee. The coffee came in a very large cup. Careful, I had to use two hands to handle it; it was very hot.



Server was very quick and helpful with recommendations. Stuffed French Toast is big, I hear, so I decided to go with that. Perhaps it'll leave me some room for the scrumptious pastries in the glass display.

The French onion soup looked really good. My eavesdropping extending to occasional glances to the dishes that others ordered, and this was one that caught my eye. It deserves a place on the list.



The Stuffed French Toast is magnificent. They do not skimp on the fruit. The filling is sweet yet it melds perfectly with the fruit atop the toast. I am historically hesitant when it comes to fruit in heated dishes. I am very picky when it comes to something like this or like a fruit pie. 

This is how fruit should be used in a dish. The flavor is exquisite. The dish isn't too sweet. They achieved the desired texture of French Toast: crispy on the outer crust and fluffy on the inside without being mushy from the filling.



The Stuffed French Toast was so good that I forgot I had coffee until I was nearly finished. The Toast was on its last legs when I thought, "you know what would complement this perfectly? Oh wait..."

I will come back to give the French Onion Soup a taste. If the toast is any indication as to their ability, I expect my favorite soup to be given the treatment it deserves.


Eva's Boulangerie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment